Saturday, February 5, 2011

Brainstorm

Today i decided to brainstorm my ideas as Mr Wong has given us a handout sheet of some ideas (which i have posted last time). I have selected some ideas and have evaluated them:


My Ideas and Evaluation

    Idea #1       "Gas ovens are more efficient than electronic ovens"


Evaluation  
Pros :   This would be a good experiment to do, as it can tell you
whether gas or electronic ovens are economically efficient and also which oven are good for the environment.

Cons : This experiment would create much of a hassle for my
parents to help me out and supervise me incase something
do go wrong. The equipment that I would need, is to buy the gas oven that
would I would need to consider the types of equipment needed to measure
the amount of energy used in order to measure which ovens are more efficient


     Idea #2      "Would parent/children have the same fingerprint"
Evaluation
Pros : It would interesting to investigate as it allow me to have a better understanding on fingerprints.
          It would also be interesting to see whether parent and child have the same fingerprints as they also    
         share the same genetic makeup. The experimental process itself would be quick and results 
         can be recorded on the spot.

Cons:  Even though this experiment is simple and would take less time, it is way too simple and
           wouldn't suit the time- frame that was given to me


     Idea #3      " Which music would help you concentrate more"
Evaluation
Pros: This experiment would be interesting, because most teenagers today would
         study while listening to music. The beauty of this experiment is that because i wanted to base my
         experiment along the line of music, it would also have a quick experimental process.

Cons: This experiment would be quick as it will be a 1 day to do this
          experiment. Secondly, the effects of music on the brain can affect different person